Unless the program was launched by clicking on a PortaBase file, the first screen shown will be the file selector. You may choose one of the following options from the “File” menu, toolbar, or main display buttons:
- Create a new file (possibly encrypted)
- Open a dialog to select a file to open
- Open Recent/Recently opened files
- A list of recently opened files; click on one to open that file.
- Create a new file (possibly encrypted) from the data in an XML or MobileDB file. You will be prompted for the type of file to import, the file to import, then a name for the new file to create. See the PortaBase home page for more information about the XML format used.
- Launch the preferences dialog.
- Click this toolbar button to switch PortaBase to fullscreen mode or back to normal display mode.
- Close PortaBase.