PortaBase supports enum (enumeration) column types, in which each value in the column is one of a set of possible string values. The enum manager dialog lets you create, edit, delete, and change the listing order of these enums.
Most of the dialog is occupied by a list of the currently defined enums. There is a row of buttons identical to those in the columns editor:
- Launch the enum editor to define a new enum. Note that the new enum will be added when “OK”/”Done” is clicked in the editor dialog, not when the “OK”/”Done” button is clicked in this dialog.
- Launch the enum editor to edit the currently selected enum. As when adding, edits are applied as soon as “OK”/”Done” is clicked in the editor dialog.
- Delete the currently selected enum. If there are columns of this enum type, a dialog will warn you that these would also be deleted and ask if you want to continue. The enum (and any associated colums) will be deleted immediately, not when “OK”/”Done” is clicked.
- Move the currently selected enum up one position in the list (and hence in the column editor’s type list as well).
- Move the currently selected enum down one position in the list (and hence in the column editor’s type list as well).
Click “OK”/”Done” to apply any changes made to the enum listing order, or cancel out of the dialog to leave the sequence unchanged (other than any added or deleted enums).